Employment Practices Advisors regularly provides support to law firms by providing a variety of services which enable law firms to adequately protect their clients by engaging the assistance of experts to assist in the resolution of employee relations issues.
These and other services are available for either employment law firms or other firms who might lack internal expertise on the subject of employment and labor law.
We provide seasoned attorneys and human resources experts with advanced knowledge of employment law to step in conduct neutral workplace investigations. These include:
- Allegations of harassment
- Employee misconduct
- Whistle blower
- Other employee complaints
These services enable the law firm to preserve attorney-client and attorney work product privileges when the results of an effective investigation may be used for the defense of charges and claims.
We work closely with counsel at the outset of the case to determine how best to structure the investigation (i.e. through the firm or the client) to best preserve the maximum flexibility in order to avoid legal conflicts and to ensure that an unbiased, fair and defensible investigation is conducted.
We are available throughout the entire process to support any litigation following the investigation. This may include meetings to clarify facts, preparing reports, deposition testimony or serving as a witness at trial.
Training and Coaching Services
These services, provided by attorneys, human resources, and training experts, are available either on a proactive basis or in response to employee allegations of misconduct/harassment.
One-on-One Expert Coaching - this training provides in-depth instruction in the areas of all forms of harassment, discrimination, communication, and conflict resolution. Each coaching session is specifically tailored for the individual client and is developed in the context of the organization's needs.
Facilitated Instruction - this training provides classroom or virtual instruction for all levels of employees, in groups large or small, enabling clients to satisfy training requirements under Federal EEO laws or as a way to get the organization back on track following litigation. Each class is tailored to the organization and supports the organizations needs and culture.
Expert Witness Services
Employment Practices Advisors is available as an expert in human resources and employee relations practices and is available to provide this expertise to law firms.
Our human resources consulting services, provided under the close supervision of an experienced employment law attorney and human resources expert, include:
EP Interim Executive Leadership
Your acting Vice President of Human Resources (VPHR) ‚Äî In preparation for or in response to strategic events, such as:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Early stage and growth environments
- During leadership transition
- When you need additional expertise to guide you through a challenging period
- For employee communication
- To guide and serve as a resource for your internal staff
- To serve in an interim role while your organization goes through a transition
Our unique three-step approach doesn't only give you a report leaving you with the work to do, it also offers our availability to step in and fix whatever the problem is. We look at every project, utilizing our combined business, legal and human resources expertise, based upon:
- A detailed analysis and review
- Recommendations and options that are available to you
- Hands-on resolution using our proven track record of performance
- Compliance, policies and procedures, documents and contracts
- All HR functional areas including: benefits, compensation, training, staffing, and labor/union relations
- Performance metrics of the HR function
- Linking the HR function with business and competitive strategy
- HR staff capabilities
EP Ongoing Support
Allows you to determine how much time you need on a monthly basis:
- Enables you to have our support, but only when you need it
- Gives you the security of knowing you have someone you can call
EP Outsourcing Evaluation
Determine if outsourcing all or part of your HR function is right for you:
- Based on the results of the EP Diagnostics, we will explore the most effective way to deliver your HR services in an unbiased and purely objective manner
- Since we have no stake in the outcome, we can recommend what's right for your organization
EP Managerial and Staff Development Programs
We can provide a full range of development opportunities for your staff including:
- Managerial and supervisory skills
- Human Resources for the line manager
- One-on-one coaching and training
- Effective employee relations skills
- Ethical workplace conduct
- Sexual harassment and discrimination avoidance
A full range of development opportunities for your internal HR staff:
- Effective investigations
- HR "101"
- Employment Law "101"
- Effective employee relations
- Aligning HR with the business strategy
EP Proactive Employee Relations
Provides a unique perspective to assist in the evaluation and investigation of sensitive employee relations issues, including, but not limited to, allegations of misconduct, harassment, and discrimination:
- Provide unbiased, objective investigations
- Work closely with your in-house or outside counsel to promote a positive outcome for your company
- Provide assistance in litigation
- Provide proactive steps to get the workplace on track at the conclusion
EP Wage and Hour Compliance
Provide a detailed analysis and recommendations in order to assist you in complying with the new Fair Labor Standards Act Regulations. We will:
- Review your jobs for exempt/non-exempt status
- Review your pay practices
- Provide and implement recommendations
EP Affirmative Action Planning
Provide detailed customized plans that are current and up-to-date including:
- Statistical analysis utilizing any variation of national and local census data
- Preparation of narrative reports
- Assitance in developing goals
- Periodic adverse impact analysis
- Ongoing support
Because Employment Practices Advisors combines legal, human resources and business expertise, we are uniquely qualified to provide services to support organizations undergoing major strategic events. These events, often highly complex, require an understanding of the nature of the business transaction, the legal environment affecting people issues, and the human resources implications. Employment Practices Advisors is one of the few firms that has the experience to guide organizations utilizing this three-pronged approach.
We provide our services directly to organizations, on behalf of law firms, or at the request of other providers. These include:
Mergers and Acquisitions - Our services include due diligence, integration services, employee communication, consolidation of operating units and evaluation of the candidate company.
Bankruptcy Reorganization - We recognize that filing for bankruptcy protection is a very stressful time period for an organization. We provide services such as employee communication and retention programs, implementation of cost-reduction measures, and assistance in helping to get the organization back on track after its emergence from bankruptcy. In the event the organization ceases operations, we are available to assist in the completion of employee matters on behalf of the trustee.
Corporate Turnaround - Underperforming companies have particular needs. Our experience in this area allows us to provide services in the areas of performance management, development of human resources systems and the introduction of performance metrics to track results.
Divestitures - When an organization decides to transition part of its business operations to another organization, it needs to consider the people issues associated with this business transaction. We help to transition employees and assist in reorganizing the remaining organization to support its new business model.
Plant Closings - Changes in an organization's business model often result in the closing of a facility and consolidation of operating units. We are available to assist from start to finish to promote the smoothest transition possible.
Joint Ventures - When organizations decide to work together on business projects, the people implications can derail or slow down progress. Our involvement will help to ensure that roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and measurable so that the transition can proceed as planned.
We assist both small and large organizations in these endeavors either by serving in an interim role, supporting an existing human resources function, or at the request of a law firm or other service provider.